VACANCIES AT THE COALITION OF AFRICAN LESBIANS:
Start date: by February 2018
Application deadline: 12 midday RSA time, 22 November 2017
The Coalition of African Lesbians is a women’s rights organisation working on all women’s rights issues and developing the ideas of radical African lesbian feminisms. We are a coalition of members in 15 countries. We have a Support Office in Johannesburg, South Africa where we are registered as a Non-Profit Organisation.
CAL has newly created two co-directorships, replacing the single Director position and enabling shared leadership and shared workload and a division of labour that enables greater focus within and coordination between the Directorships.
We hereby invite applications by African lesbian feminists to these two challenging and exciting positions:
Please click on the links above to see deadlines, criteria and condition for applying.
The principal objectives of CAL are:
- To advocate and lobby for the political, sexual, cultural and economic rights of African lesbians by engaging strategically with African and international structures and allies;
- To eradicate stigma and discrimination against lesbians in Africa;
- To build and strengthen our voices and visibility through research, media, literature and the arts, and through participation in local and international fora;
- To build the capacity of African lesbians and our organisations to use Radical African Feminist analysis in all spheres of life;
- To build a strong and sustainable lesbian coalition supporting the establishment and development of national organisations working on lesbian issues in every country in Africa;
- To support the work of these national organisations in all the foregoing areas including the facilitation of the personal growth of African lesbians and the building of capabilities within their organisations.